HOW DO YOU CHARGE FOR YOUR SERVICES?
Our organizing services are priced by the hour per ARRANGE employee on the job. Your Initial consultation is free. We recommend scheduling an on-site walk-through to grasp the scope of the project. ARRANGE requires an 8 hour minimum for any organizing job.
WHAT ABOUT EXPENSES?
We appreciate if you provide a credit card for organizational supplies we need to purchase. Otherwise, we can invoice for expenses as a reimbursement upon completion of the project.
HOW DO I PAY?
Clients are invoiced at the end of each month. A 50% deposit of the estimate is held until completion of the project. We accept checks only; no credit cards at this time!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
If you need to reschedule please call us as soon as you know. Cancelation within a 48-hour window will result in a 4-hour cancellation fee.
CAN YOU FIND ME A MOVER?
Yes! We work with international and local Jackson moving companies. ARRANGE’s professional organizers can take care of the unpacking, organizing, and home staging to make your new house a home. We also provide home staging services for houses on the market.
WHAT ABOUT ACCIDENTS?
ARRANGE organizers are always very careful with client’s personal property, but do not accept legal responsibility for damages. Any wear and tear during the organizing process (which is rare) should be covered by your own property insurance.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
THE ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESS
We will meet first for an hour-long courtesy consultation to assess goals for your space.
- Create a staging area. This area is an open space (kitchen table, an empty bed, or general open space) that we use as our organizing workbench, so to speak. We use it to sort and categorize your belongings.
- Sort and Categorize. Warning, this can be messy! We like to pull everything out, make piles, and group like items together. For example, in the garage: yard tools, camping gear, sporting equipment, tools, cleaning supplies, and holiday décor.
TIP: When sorting, you may want to do one cabinet, drawer, or shelf at a time. Complete one area before moving on to the next.
- Purge. We can do everything without the client in the home except PURGING. We cannot purge for you, but purging is extremely important in the organizing process. The ultimate goal is to only have items in your house that you use.
- Ask yourself: Have I used it in the past year (or even two)? If not, why am I keeping this? A) Is it valuable? B) Does is have sentimental value? Allow yourself 1-2 large bins for “memories.” Any more than that becomes overwhelming. Get rid of it. If you are holding on to excess items, purge a portion of them. For example, if you have more than 12 rolls of wrapping paper, keep the best and get rid of the rest.
*We can take items to local charities or thrift stores for clients. We encourage recycling when possible.
TIP: We recommend purging often. After your first initial purge, we urge you to get in the habit of quickly going through your home several times a year to get rid of things you no longer need or use. Keep a donation bin in the garage or closet.
- Buy organizing supplies. We assess the space where your items belong and purchase necessary bins, baskets, labels, shelving, etc.
- Create a system. Once your items are categorized, we put everything in shelving/bins/baskets in order to create a space that is beautiful, easy to use, and refreshing. With this new system in place, you will be able to keep yourself organized.
- Label. Now that everything has a home, we label it so that everything is easy to find and use.
- Upkeep. We strongly recommend doing some form of upkeep organizing every day. Know that after we organize, everything will have a home. Put things back after you use them, and you’ll stay organized for life.